One of the questions I get asked more than anything this time of year is what are the hot toys for Christmas? In many years past you have had things like Cabbage Patch dolls, Tickle me Elmo, new video game consoles, and more. This year there doesn't seem to be that one must have that people are waiting in lines for, however, there are still items that you should be on the look out above others. For 2015 the following items appear to be the items that seem to be making it on most kid's wish lists. Keep in mind that some of these items are for preschoolers, some are for elementary and middle school aged kids, while others are more suited to bigger kids.
Hot Christmas items for 2015!
- Peppa Pig - it seems every little kid is enamored by Peppa pig, unfortunately the selection for Peppa Pig toys seems to be limited to a handful of products and they are selling out fast wherever they are sold. Price $7.99 - $39.99
- Shopkins - Shopkins were getting popular at this time last year, however, there wasn't a large enough supply of toys to meet demand. It appears now that demand has been met at most retailers and that these little toys are still in demand by kids everywhere. Price $2.99 - $19.99
- Bright Beats Dance and Move BeatBo - Fisher Price has created this cool toy that dances and sings. Not only is this toy popular with kids, but many adults will find it entertaining as well. Price $34.99
- Lego Jurassic World - This line of Lego has become so popular that either Lego can't keep up with demand or stores just can't keep it in stock. Either way it's selling out as quickly as it hits shelves, so if someone you know has this on their short list I suggest hunting around now, before you have to resort to the high prices of Ebay. Price $19.99 - $129.99
- Black ops 3 - If you have a kid in middle or high school I expect this game to be on many of their lists. This is the continuation of Call of Duty's most popular video game series and will mark the return of the popular zombie mode. Price $59.99
- Fallout 4 - Another video game set to come out in November. Fallout 4 is the most highly anticipated release of the year. Price $59.99
- Drones - If there was an "it" item this year drones would be it. No there aren't massive lines forming for them, but that's only because there are plenty of companies making just as many models. If this is on the short list of anyone you know I would make one recommendation, do your homework. There are many models to choose from and the prices range anywhere from $20 for nano units to several $1,000's for high end consumer models. Price $20 - $1,000+
Keep in mind that if you are still undecided on what to buy someone, you can never go wrong with classics like, board games, lego, and puzzles especially if the subject matter is relevant to the recipient, and if all else fails what kid doesn't enjoy a gift card?